The Government of Canada is making innovation a national priority.
What that means – right now – is up for debate. That’s why Canada 2020 is launching the Canada 2020 Innovation Project with this open public forum, Canada’s Next Big Challenge: Being Innovative.
We’ll hear from some amazing speakers – including Prime Minister Trudeau’s lead Minister on innovation – about their vision for a more innovative Canada, and how get there together.
Many successive governments have tried – and to varying degrees, failed – to tackle Canada’s innovation challenge. Our economy continues to lag behind in many of the key indicators established for tracking innovation, productivity and growth.
As we kick off the Canada 2020 Innovation Project (more info here), we will hear from some of the most accomplished, engaging and visionary entrepreneurs working to make Canada a leader in innovation – including:
- Hon. Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science & Economic Development
- Harley Finkelstein, Chief Operating Officer, Shopify
- Elyse Allan, Chief Executive Officer, GE
- Paul Lavoie, CEO, TAXI
- Zayna Khayat, Senior Advisor, MaRS Discovery District
- Hon. Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage
President & CEO, GE Canada Bio