President Donald Trump has hailed the recent U.S. tax cut as the largest in history.
In reviewing the potential impact of this tax break, the Institute of Corporate Directors and Canada 2020 have partnered to assemble a group of leading experts and business people from both sides of the border to discuss the changes.
Join us for dinner at the Rideau Club in Ottawa for a panel discussion featuring David Jacobson, Mark Wiseman, and Annette Verschuren.
Questions we will be asking:
- How much of an impact will the changes have on U.S. competitiveness and on Canada?
- In what areas will the reduction in overall rates lead to significant changes?
- Will the new limitation on interest deductibility create an incentive to move debt onto the books of Canadian subsidiaries?
- Will even lower taxes on high-earners mean a shift of highly qualified talent to the United States?
- How should Canadian boards consider these developments and the impact on their firms?
Join us in hearing our dynamic panel address some of these timely and relevant questions.
Tickets costs $80 / person + HST. Dinner will be served. To purchase a full table, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-Chair, BMO, Chicago
Chair and CEO, NRStor and former President & CEO of Home Depot Canada
Global Head of Active Equities and Chairman, BlackRock Alternative Investors, New York City
Co-Founder, Canada 2020 Bio