“A future worth shaping”
Canada 2020’s new eBook Setting the New Progressive Agenda is now available.
Download it for free right now on Canada20202.ca.
Edited by Robert Asselin, our Vice President of Policy & Research, our book covers – in detail – what we think our country needs right now: bold and innovative policy prescriptions for a more progressive Canada.
The authors and contributors that have put their names and ideas in this book are some of Canada’s most respected thought leaders. They offer brilliant insights on issues like democratic reform, open government, security and intelligence oversight, privacy in the digital age, carbon pricing and more.
As we head into Canada’s 42nd federal election, our book stands as a marker for the issues and ideas that the next federal government will need to meet, head on, in order to make Canada a more dynamic, prosperous and progressive country.
Table of Contents:
- Public Policy in the 21st Century, by Don Lenihan & Robert Asselin
Introductory remarks from Tim Barber, Canada 2020
- An Agenda for Democratic Reform, by Robert Asselin
Foreword by Donald Savoie, University of Moncton
- Rebuilding Public Trust in Government: Open Government & Open Dialogue, by Don Lenihan & Carolyn Bennett, MP
Foreword by the Honourable Deb Matthews, MPP
- Child Benefit Spending in Canada, by Lauren Jones, Mark Stabile, and Kevin Miligan
Foreword by Jennifer Robson
- The Case for a Carbon Tax in Canada, by Nicholas Rivers
Foreword by Tom Rand, MaRS
- Skills & Higher Education in Canada, by Daniel Munro
Foreword by Tom Pitfield, Canada 2020
- Time for a National Infrastructure Plan for Canada, by John Brodhead, Jesse Darling and Sean Mullin
Foreword by David Dodge, O.C., Bennett Jones
- Strengthening Canada’s Security & Intelligence Oversight, by Wesley Wark
Foreword by Anne McLellan, Dalhousie University
- Privacy Protection in the Federal Public Service, by Chantal Bernier
Foreword by Michael Geist, University of Ottawa
- A Canadian Foreign Policy for the Future, by Roland Paris
Foreword by Michael Kergin, Bennett Jones