Are you passionate about progressive policy in Canada? Eager to flex your creative communications skills as part of an exciting national organization? Savvy with digital marketing, media relations, and data-informed decision-making? Apply to be Canada 2020’s Communications Lead! This part-time position is perfect for a communications freelancer anywhere in Canada who thrives as part of a nimble team working on high-profile events and initiatives.
About the role
- 5-10 hours/week (flexible hours, includes 2 short weekly check-ins with the rest of the team at a mutually convenient time)
- Minimum 6 month commitment
- Responsibilities include: Promoting Canada 2020 activities online (social media, digital advertising, email marketing), ensuring content is up-to-date across Canada 2020 social channels and website, writing and editing content, creating and executing communications plans, designing promotional graphics, supporting virtual live events, and more, depending on the unique needs of the organization on a week-to-week basis.
- Interested in current events and progressive policy issues in Canada
- A collaborative self-starter who takes initiative and isn’t afraid to innovate and propose new ideas
- Accountable and communicative
- Undergraduate degree (in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, or a related field preferred but not required)
- Skilled digital marketer with 2-4 years of experience
- 2-4 years of experience creating and executing communications plans
- Excellent partner relationship management
- Basic design skills (Canva)
- CMS skills (WordPress)
- Email marketing experience (Mailchimp)
Nice to haves
- Digital advertising experience
- Video editing skills
- Established media list
Apply with a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Canada 2020 is Canada’s leading, independent, progressive think-tank. Founded in 2006, Canada 2020 has spent more than a decade hosting events, producing original research and starting conversations about Canada’s future. Our goal is to build a community of progressive ideas and people that will move and shape governments. https://canada2020.ca/