Canada 2020 is hiring a Junior Producer to join the Canada 2020 team in Ottawa, Ontario on a two-year contract.
The 2020 Network launched in June, 2018 with daily shows focused on current affairs, policy issues, and arts and culture. The network is an extension of Canada 2020’s mandate as a convener and curator of interesting ideas, presented more accessibly to the public.
Reporting to the senior producer, the junior producer will help in the growth of Canada 2020’s podcast network and its various shows, in addition to providing content and communications support to Canada 2020. This includes assistance with show editing, scheduling, chasing, and content dissemination as well as the development of future network ideas.
We’re looking for someone who has a passion for audio storytelling and is eager to explore new avenues in this domain. You have strong technical skills combined with a creative and curious outlook.
- 1-2 years working in media
- Strong narrative audio editing skills
- Good news sense and writing abilities
- Familiarity with video editing software
- Familiarity with graphic design
- Organized and able to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Edit podcast segments
- Help with chase producing
- Pitch show ideas and concepts
- Maintain feeds and back-end infrastructure
- Build social media assets and help with promotion
Applicants are required to send along their resume, cover letter, and audio sample – something you’ve edited, produced or hosted – to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: February 8, 2019.