Canada 2020 is hiring a Senior Content Producer to join its team in Ottawa, Canada on a two-year contract beginning June 2018.
The successful candidate will assist in the launch and ongoing production of a brand new Podcast Network, produced in-house at the Canada 2020 offices.
Priority will be given to applicants with previous newsroom or media experience, with particular emphasis on audio production, editing, story pitching, and chase.
The Senior Content Producer will work under the portfolio of the Director of Communications & Operations, and manage one to two additional junior staff.
- Experience with audio editing software: Hindenburg, Audacity, ProTools, etc.
- Experience pitching and chasing stories or segments
- Experience with on-location recording
- Experience with recording equipment set-ups and technical management
- Previous content production experience, either for a newsroom, website or organization
- Excellent writing
- An ear for compelling audio
- Oversee the production of multiple podcast programs
- Work with a small team to keep a consistent production schedule
- Oversee quality control and show format
- Work with senior management to coordinate with Canada 2020’s ongoing event schedule
Applicants are asked to send their resume along with an audio package and relevant written sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: Friday, May 25, 2018, EOD EST.
Title: Senior Content Producer / Status: Contract, two-year term / Pay: Salaried, competitive and commensurate with experience / Start: June 2018